I’m excited to (kinda) announce a new project I’m working on, and I’m also seeking some digital artists to help me with it! Here’s the gist:
I am currently involved in a book about art on the iPad. I can’t say much about it yet, but part of the book will be a gallery of images. I am looking for artists who draw on the iPad who would like to have their work featured in this section.
Here are all the details and instructions:
- Any subject matter, genre, or style is welcome. In fact, the more variety the better.
- This is not a paying gig. I want to be clear that this is strictly on volunteer basis. If you’re not willing to do that, that’s fine. I also don’t expect anyone to spend hours creating brand new artwork for this. Only submit if you happen to have something already made and would enjoy seeing it printed in a book.
- All artists chosen to be featured will receive a free copy of the book.
- Artists retain all copyright to their images, and this is non-exclusive. The publisher and I are only asking for rights to print the images in all versions of the book.
- All artists will be credited with name and website.
- Please send entries to email@example.com with the subject IPAD ART SUBMISSION.
- Please send it in full resolution (I know iPad art is typically low-res – just send the best you have). If it is vector art, please send the vector file. If you have multiple images or the file is too large to email, you can send a link.
1) Your name (However you want to be credited. Real names please.)
2) Your website link, if you have one
3) Your iPad model (1, 2, or new)
4) What app you used
**Update**: To answer some common questions,
- Yes, you can send multiple submissions. Send as many as you want.
- No, please don’t submit artwork created on other tablets such as Android, Wacom, etc. This is iPad-specific.
- You may send sketches (it doesn’t have to be finished artwork). However, I’m not taking art that was started on the iPad, then finished on your desktop computer. It must be all-iPad.
All submissions must be received by
APRIL 4 APRIL 9!
If your art is selected, you will be notified and given further instructions.
Can’t wait to share more info further down the pipeline. Thanks in advance to everyone who can help me out!